Creating a Positive EnvironmentUnityPoint Health - Trinity Regional Medical Center is fortunate to have both an exceptional group of volunteers and an outstanding auxiliary supporting its efforts to improve our community's health.
By assisting staff, our volunteers are actively involved in supplementing hospital services provided to patients, thereby enhancing patient care and creating a friendly environment. Volunteers help patients experience a higher level of warmth and caring.
Trinity's Volunteer Services staff ensures your volunteer time is fulfilling and rewarding by creating a positive climate and providing each volunteer with meaningful and challenging assignments. Currently, volunteers share their unique talents and skills in nearly every area of the hospital.
Trinity Regional Medical Center ensures your volunteer time is fulfilling and rewarding. Volunteers can share their unique talents and skills in nearly every area of the hospital.
- High School and College students, age 16 and older
- Adults of all ages and walks of life
- Trinity employees
- Those interested in careers in health care
- Retirees wanting to stay active and share compassion and experience
- Free meal in the cafeteria (on days you volunteer)
- Free flu shot
- 20% discount in Trinity Gifts, the Auxiliary Gift Shop (on days you volunteer)
- Inclusion in employee appreciation events and programs
- Invitation to the Annual Volunteer Recognition Event
- Pins and certificates recognizing hours volunteered
- Meet new friends with similar interests to serve and give back
How to Apply
- Complete the volunteer application using the online application or download and print the application.
Return printed applications to:
Trinity Volunteer Services
802 Kenyon Road
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
- Provide three references
- The Director of Volunteer Services conducts a personal interview with each applicant. Following a successful interview, reference and background check, prospective volunteers attend our new volunteer orientation. Every volunteer will complete a shadow session with a trained, experienced volunteer.
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older and pass a criminal background check.
Trinity Regional Medical Center Auxiliary
Trinity Regional Medical Center Auxiliary is a volunteer organization that is engaged in sponsoring and promoting community health education and conducting fundraising activities. The Auxiliary has a proud tradition of generous contributions for capital improvements to the hospital. Trinity Gifts, the hospital gift shop raises a significant portion of these funds.
Members may be active volunteers, or they may demonstrate their commitment to our community's health through their annual membership fee. If you would like to become a member, or want further information, please call Volunteer Services at (515) 574-6656.
The Auxiliary Proudly Sponsors Tele-care Program
Each morning, 365 days a year, a Tele-Care volunteer phones the homes of Tele-Care clients to confirm the client is all right. If the volunteer caller is unable to reach a client, they will contact a neighbor or family member according to a pre-arranged protocol. Tele-Care clients are often senior citizens who are recovering from an illness or are home-bound.