Registered Nurse Summer Internship Programs
Summer RN Internships
Transitioning from the classroom to a career can be challenging. You can get a head start on your nursing career by taking advantage of this unique opportunity. Earn as you learn at UnityPoint Health during our summer internship programs.
- Build strong professional relationships with clinical team members
- Gain confidence in performing technical skills
- Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting
During your internship you will work in our caring, nurturing environment under the guidance of an experienced registered nurse in one of our Patient Care areas. This program will allow you to observe, firsthand, the dynamics of collaborative nursing practice and to begin the transition of student to professional nurse at UnityPoint Health.
RN Internship Programs
How to Apply
- Please complete the entire Add-on Application Form. Once you have populated all the information into the form, be sure to click the print button and print a copy for your records. Once you've printed your form, you should click File-Save As and Save a copy to your computer for the next step. Please make sure that what you attach is readable, as we will not review any forms that have formatting issues.
- Once you have completed the add-on form and saved to your computer, you are then ready to submit your online application for the Nurse Extern Program on the UnityPoint Health - Meriter Careers page. Upload your resume and unofficial official transcripts and be sure to also upload your add-on form into your application prior to submitting. It is your responsibility to make sure that all required application materials are included in the online application.
Completed application material includes:
- Online Application completed at UnityPoint Health - Meriter Careers Page, add the job to your Job Cart and complete the application form as directed.
- Resume (uploaded into online application)
- CPR/BLS certification
- Add-on Application Form completed
- Unofficial Transcripts (uploaded into online application)
- We will not consider incomplete applications..
The Student Nurse Extern Program is open to any nursing student who:
- Will have senior status in a bachelors of nursing program for the fall semester of 2022
- Anticipates graduating in December 2022 or May 2023
- Has completed at least one acute care clinical
- Is certified in Health Care Provider BLS through July 2022
- Has a current CPR certification through July 2022
- Is a student in good standing at an accredited school of nursing
UnityPoint Health – Meriter
202 S. Park Street
Madison, WI 53715