Guidance for Business Partners
Guidance for Business Partners
UnityPoint Health Guidance for Business Partners is intended to familiarize business partners with our organization’s policies and practices regarding compliance with laws and regulations governing our operations. We value the vital contributions business partners make to the high-quality care we provide.
Integrity is a key principle for the selection and retention of those who do business with UnityPoint Health. UnityPoint Health expects our business partners to pursue the best interests of our organization and affiliates as well as the patients and communities we serve.
Business partners are expected to do the following:
- Operate in compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
- Never pursue any business opportunity or relationship that would compromise ethical standards or violate a law or regulation.
- Respect the rights and dignity of UnityPoint Health team members and patients. UnityPoint Health will not tolerate any form of abuse, harassment or intimidation in the workplace. Harassment or illegal discrimination of any kind is unacceptable.
- Protect the physical and intellectual property of UnityPoint Health and any assets entrusted to our care against loss, theft, destruction, misappropriation and misuse.
- Not use for personal gain any information obtained as a business partner of UnityPoint Health.
- Comply with all relevant government requirements regarding record, document, and data treatment and retention, including the confidentiality of medical records and other proprietary information.
- Report suspected violation of any law, regulation or policy to the compliance officer of the facility with which the business partner has a relationship. Retaliation against anyone who, in good faith, reports such violations is not permitted.
Several sections of the UnityPoint Health Code of Conduct are specifically applicable to vendors. These sections are included in the Gifts and Business Courtesies Policy.
Gifts And Business Courtesies
UnityPoint Health team members may not solicit, accept, offer or give any gift or business courtesy that may improperly influence the employee's decision-making. Decisions are to be made in an objective and unbiased manner, free of conflict of interest, and in the best interest of UnityPoint Health.
- No purpose of any gift or business courtesy may be to induce the referral of a patient or the ordering of a service paid for by a governmental healthcare program.
- No cash or cash equivalents can be offered or accepted.
- No gift or business courtesy exchanged with an independent physician can be determined in a manner that takes into account the volume, or value, of referrals or other business generated between the UnityPoint Health entity and the independent physician.
Team members are prohibited from soliciting or asking for tips, personal gratuities, gifts or business courtesies from patients. Team members may not accept monetary tips or cash from patients or patient representatives.