Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Preceptorship - Des Moines
UnityPoint Health – Des Moines hospitals offer opportunities for students enrolled in Nurse Practitioner programs to complete clinical rotation hours within the acute care setting. Potential areas for clinical experiences:
- Adult Medicine/Hospitalist
- Adult Critical Care
- Palliative Care
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Emergency Medicine
A crucial part of any nurse practitioner's success as a provider is a meaningful clinical experience. During your clinical experience, you will gradually learn how to apply your academic knowledge into practice and to make evidence-based decisions for your patients.
We know that to be a good clinician it is essential to have an active partnership between the preceptor, the academic program and student.
Those interested in applying for the Adult-Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Preceptorship must:
Complete the online application.
- Please complete a separate application for each semester.
- Attach your CV to the online application. If you do not attach your CV, your application will be considered incomplete.
- Review the Expectations of Students and Preceptors. These are based on our organization's values.
All applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by the UnityPoint Health – Des Moines APP Clinical Preceptorship Committee. You will be notified by the committee if your application is accepted and who your primary preceptor will be. An email response to your acceptance will be required within 5 business days.
For questions, contact Sarah.Anderson@unitypoint.org.
Expectations of Students and Preceptors
- Listen first in order to understand
- Work as one team
- Celebrate each other
- Collaborate with each other
- Manage Up
- Make moments matter
- Be accessible and welcoming
- Take ownership and manage each other up
- Take pride in our environment
- Escort guests to their destination
- Learn from others
- Be aware of tone and energy
- Maintain an excuse-free culture
- Share stories
- Celebrate accomplishments
- Pursue greatness
- Anticipate the needs of patients, guests and co-workers
- Build open and sincere relationships
- Embrace and promote change
- Identify opportunities where we can be better